I Love Lloret

Welcome to 'I Love Lloret' a NEW Lloret de mar blog where we plan to explore everything about Lloret, the weather, the town, the people, the bars and clubs..everything of interest any questions or suggestions? I love Lloret, do you? please contact Maggie Vinall: cheerslloret@googlemail.com

Saturday 15 December 2012

I Love Lloret de mar Christmas Caga tió

I Love Lloret de mar especially over the Christmas holidays

El Caga tió the Catalan Christmas log:


A hollowed out log complete with bark the wood has stick legs, a happy painted face and usually a local barretina hat,  from the feast of the Immaculate Conception (8th December) until christmas eve or christmas day (depending on the family) the Caga tió is fed and kept warm.
Then comes the big day.. the log is beaten with a stick until it 'poops' out small gifts usually of fruit and nuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment